The Clyde Family

The Clyde Family

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The big day!!!

Tomorrow is the BIG DAY!!! We go up to Murray to meet with the cardiovascular surgeon. He will go a bubble ECHO on me to see how big the hole in my heart is. I got really bad news today. They called to move my appt from 4:15pm to 2:15pm, while I had her on the phone, I just wanted to double check that I have closure scheduled for Thursday. Well, I'm glad I checked!!! The nurse (Heather) that talked to me last month, but in her notes that I was unwilling to quit breastfeeding my baby to have the procedure and so I was postponing it until I was done nursing her.


When I was done on the phone with her, I was ready to stop nursing for the 3 months I would be on Plavix. There are so many things that point to the fact that Heather made a bad mistake (choice). If we wait longer, it will bump into next years medical benefits.... no thanks!!! We have really expensive insurance.There is a lot of reasons and I wont go over them here.

So, now what? I still have my appointment for tomorrow, but the earliest closure available is August 18th. If we wanted to cancel tomorrow, we could do Aug. 17 and 18th. It's a hard choice. My symptoms have stepped it up quite a bit. I started blacking out last Monday. The next step is having a stroke. My hole is a "large shunt PFO", not a pin hole.

So tomorrow the surgeon could make the call that my PFO is large enough that I need surgery right away, or he could say that I will be fine until the 18th when they have an opening. Either way, I am praying for a miracle. A miracle that he can get me in or a miracle that Heavenly Father will take away the pain and threat of a stroke until we can go back up for the repair. This is NOT what I wanted to deal with this week :(

This has been really wearing on me BAD. On Friday, Randy was at scout camp and I pretty much had a mental break down. It was a low that I haven't felt in many, many years. I am so done for this to be over. I'm scared and anxious. I've waited long enough.

Anyhow, that's the latest!!! I will try to keep the blog updated. Thank you for the continued love and support. We really need it tomorrow. I love you all!!!

1 comment:

Jeremy Reynolds Family said...

Good luck Hope! You and your family are in my prayers.