The Clyde Family

The Clyde Family

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Here we go!!!

I put the American Airlines app on my phone and kept watching the updates on how close we were getting to our trip! It was fun and only made things even that more exciting!!!! 


Flight time is 8am. We had to be at the airport at 5am! We are so grateful that Anna was such a good sport! She had to get up at 3:30am just to take us to the airport! She's THE BEST!





Our plane leaving Salt Lake City! Bound for Dallas, Fort Worth!


I haven't ever been a good airline passenger! I haven't flown in 20 years and flying overseas was kind of freaking me out! Not being familiar with it all and feeling like I'm not in control is the worst part, for me. Randy knew what he was getting in to! So many people told me to get meds from the doctor to help settle me down, but I didn't want that. I needed to face this and prove that I could do it!










This is how Randy was almost the entire trip over! haha!!! He's not bothered by flying!








Our chariot from Dallas to Philadelphia! 


Our flight from Dallas was late leaving, so we arrived in Philly late! By the time we landed and got to the gate, they announced that everyone that had connecting flights got priority and could get off the plane first! We RAN from one gate to the next! As soon as we got off the plane, the humidity hit me! HOLY CRAP! How do people live in that? July in Philadelphia is no joke! I'm glad we were only there for a minute! And when I say that we RAN to our connecting flight, I'm not kidding! haha!!!



Ok, let's be honest, I'm totally freaking out in this picture! haha!!! My pride is bigger than my fears! I hate being made fun of because I'm scared of something! Flying is one of those things!






Flying somewhere over New Jersey! Am I ready? ACK! I don't like take off or landing but I hate going through clouds the most! So rough! NO THANK YOU!!!! GOODBYE AMERICA!!!!


Sun setting over the east coast of the US.





Doesn't this look like London on the Peter Pan ride at Disneyland? We are still over the US.


Getting closer! We are somewhere over the Atlantic Ocean, just before our descent into Scotland!






I was so excited to see my first glimpse of Scotland! There were so many clouds that this was my first look! We finally got below the sea of clouds and here it is! I instantly broke into tears! I couldn't stop crying! This amazing land that I've heard about for 20 years and I was finally seeing it in real life!


It's the most amazing thing I have ever seen! So green! I feel like my heart is already there and we hadn't even landed yet!



No comments: