The Clyde Family

The Clyde Family

Monday, July 25, 2016

Scotland 2016!

When we got married in 1996, Randy promised that for our 20th anniversary, we would go to Scotland, no matter what was going on in life right then! It was so hard to imagine being married 20 years and even harder to imagine going to Scotland!

So, why Scotland? Both sides of Randy's family are of Scottish heritage. Clyde's and Campbell's! Also, Randy served his LDS mission there from May 1993-May 1995. Scotland and its people have a very special place in his heart and I have grown to love it as my own! We saved up, arranged everything, including childcare and sacrificed other events for this trip. It will be the trip of a lifetime!

It's not easy to leave 4 minor children in the states while you travel abroad, but we are figuring it out! Everything was going great until 2 weeks ago when Tyler's diaphragm re-herniated! He will have surgery on Aug. 12th in Salt Lake City. We will cut our trip short so we have time to get things arranged for his surgery. Randy and I are so excited, we can hardly stand it! Cambelle and Harper are going to stay with my best friend, Anna and her family in northern Utah. My parents will stay at our house to be with Maddison and Tyler. My mom and dad will be on their annual camping trip for the summer, so we are bringing them home! My mom's not too happy about it, but I reminded her of the full month she spend in the hospital after her heart bypass surgery! I didn't want to do THAT either! haha!!!!

So, we have our passports. We have made all financial and medical arrangements. Flights, hotels, transportation is all ready for us! WAHOO!!!!!!!! Watch out Scotland, here we come!!!!

No comments: