The Clyde Family

The Clyde Family

Sunday, August 16, 2009

An inspired article.

I am so happy to have the Ensign to read every month. This month when I pealed open the pages, I found this article, Managing Postpartum Depression. I am so grateful for inspired leaders of our church that are so concerned with our well being. I have suffered from postpartum depression with the birth of all 3 of my children. I was diagnosed after I had Tyler and treated, medically, with Tyler and Cambelle. I am so grateful for a doctor that I trust that when I was forced by my loving mom and sister to get help, that he took me seriously and helped me through those dark times. It is becoming more and more obvious that there are some genetic links to this horrible condition. But the good side is that there is hope. The article in this month's Ensign came just when it was needed. I have lots of family members of mine having babies and I'm so glad they can read that article and seek help. I felt EXACTLY how that article noted when I was suffering from depression. Please be the smiling face that supports those girls that are having a hard time. It makes a world of difference. When talking about future children, my (normally non-opinionated) husband said, "but after you have babies, you are so.... not nice". That is the meanest thing he's ever said in his life, believe it or not. It spoke VOLUMES to me. It's not only I that suffered, but my husband, my kids, my family and everyone around me. Untreated, I have no doubt that after the birth of Tyler, we were going on a path to divorce. I was THAT bad. Now I see that, then I did not. So, to all the beautiful women in my life, there IS help. I have been through that tough time and came out on top. If you are feeling any of the symptoms in the article that I have linked above, PLEASE seek help from your doctor. Most of the time, it's not something that will just "fix itself". Remember, we are all of value and of worth and our Heavenly Father loves us more than we know.

7 comments:

Alicia H said...

I just wanted to tell you how much i love you. I don't feel we know one another as well as we could have...but I feel you sweet, loving spirit through you thoughts on your blog. Thank you for loving those around you so whole heartedly! You are a great person. You are wonderful Hopie. Thanks
email me so I can send you an invite to my blog...if you want
aliheideman@hotmail.com

Alicia H said...

I just have to say, I re-read my comment and I can't for some weird reason tonight write YOUR. So replace the "you" with "your" when appropriate. HEE HEE HEE :)

Erin said...

I'll have to read that article! I think we all go through at least a little bit of the "baby blues" after having a baby. Those have definitely been the hardest times on my marriage as well!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephens 8 said...

Thanks for posting about this article, I too have read this and I too have suffered from PPD! As yucky as it was/is I am so gratefull for those around me that were so supportive! I agree that its due in part to genetics!

Aleisha said...

I'm going to have to read that!! Thanks for letting me know.

Rachel Doyle said...

Amen -- when I read that article I wanted to send it out to every woman that I knew. I didn't have PDD with Nathan or Brynna -- but man it hard with Hannah -- I am sure it was a combination of hormones and the stress of having a very sick baby -- but it wasn't until I got on some meds and talked it out with my doctor that I started to see the sun again.