The Clyde Family

The Clyde Family

Thursday, August 4, 2011


This is a copy of the ECHO I had done on my heart in the operating room while I was still in surgery. See the spirals? That's the patch. The white lines from top to bottom, that's the wall of my heart that didn't heal. See the dark, big things from side to side? Those are my ribs!!! Cool, huh? Oh yea, and the lead they used on the left side of the picture. This device is in perfectly!!!

So, it's been a week since my surgery. In fact, as I type this post, one week ago, I was laying in a hospital bed in the cardiac recovery floor in St. Mark's Hospital 300 miles from my home. My baby, husband, oldest daughter and parents were in a hotel room 5 minutes away and I just wanted to get the hell out of there!!!

This week has had it's ups and downs. My new heartbeat is weird to get used to. When was the last time you felt your heart beating? Not when you're running, but EVERY-SINGLE-BEAT? It's one of the main side effects that people complain about and I'm learning now why that is. It feels like I'm having a constant anxiety attack. Fluttering. My heartbeat is in my throat. EVERY-SINGLE-BEAT!!! It's not comfortable. But, it's not been a bad recovery.

The drive home was Hell. But being home was Heaven!!! Being with all 4 of my children was exhausting, but exactly what I needed. I've been really tired. And when I hit my wall, there is no words to describe the fatigue. But everyday, the energy lasts longer and my headaches go away for longer too!!! Within a couple more days, I feel like I'll be back to business!!!

I still see stars when I pick the baby up from the ground. I wonder if that has something to do with the blood thinner and asprin I am taking? Could be, I guess? I can tolerate one outing a day, without severe backlash!!!

I have to give a shout out to my ward. They set up meals for Saturday (my visiting teacher, Lori), Sunday was great (Kellie is such a great supporter) and I told the RS that we would be fine. I am so grateful for a RS president that was in tuned and listened to the Spirit. She brought dinner to us on Monday, Tuesday, my sweet friend Theresa brought dinner and then last night Becky made dinner for us. I can't even tell you how grateful I am for this. Let me explain, about 3pm everyday, I TANK OUT. I can't move a muscle. That's when Randy is getting home and I need his help with the baby. So, who cooks dinner? THANK HEAVENS my friends in the Relief Society knew what to do to help. I am all about saying NO to help, but this time, to help RANDY out, I knew we needed to say yes!!! We are so beyond grateful!!! What a blessing!!!!

This week I got all the kids registered for school and some school stuff bought. Cambelle's birthday is Tuesday. I guess I better get some invites out!!!

There's a lot to do, but I feel like I'm getting there. I know I'm slow, but I'm feeling better every day. I am so grateful for Randy taking such good care of us. What a sweetheart!!!

So, one week out..... exhausting, but not too bad!!! I'm glad it's over and I wont be having any strokes!!!

More weeks to come!!! WATCH OUT!!!!


Malea said...

I love good R.S.P's who run the organization like a well oiled machine. It's a hard thing to say "yes" to help, but once the hard part is over and the help arrives...I never want it to end. It makes me SO happy to know you get headache relief now. SO SO So happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mat and Jamie Holt said...

I'm so glad you were able to get the surgery when you needed it! I hope your recovery continues well. I've had surgery at St. Mark's hospital as well. We're so cool! Haha!