The Clyde Family

The Clyde Family

Saturday, June 15, 2013

A fun weekend with my childhood best friend!


So, my childhood best friend moved far, far away last summer to the great north tundra, also known as Saratoga Springs, UT. That's right, she moved 4 hours away from me! I am still trying to forgive her ;) Anyway, their basement is unfinished and Randy and Nephi have been itching to get it framed in, so we took a trip up last weekend so the boys could work and the girls could play!!!!! 

Maddison had the opportunity to go to Youth Conference, so we left her home with the Heaton's and off we went!!!!

We stopped on the way up in Nephi (the town, not Anna's husband) to have dinner with my parents and my sister, Tish! My parents are spending the summer up Fairview Canyon on Skyline Drive, like every summer, so it was a treat to get to see them. We miss them OODLES!!!!! 

We had a great visit and lots of laughs!!!! My dad decided not to shave his goatee since they've been on the mountain! It was so cute! He looks younger and it's just cute!!!!! I LOVE MY PARENTS!!!!






Back on the road! We went up on Friday. Randy has been working CRAZY hours this summer. So, his driving lasted only a minute before he got too sleepy to drive. That's ok with me! I love to drive!!!


Finally!!! WE MADE IT!!!!!

In the past, I have written love notes on their white board on their fridge, but after years of brainwashing, the kids have caught on!!!! I think this was Whitney's work!!! I'm so proud!!!

Friday night, the 4 of us ran into town to get the final supplies for the fun projects! Anna and I zipped over to Walmart and when we got back to pick up the boys at Lowe's, we found Randy on a riding lawn mower called "The Bronco"..... well, if you know Randy, you know that he was not just SITTING on the mower, he was riding it like a bucking bronco!!!! It was so funny!!!!!! I wish I had it on video!!! Especially the lady's face that walked out and saw him taking his 8 second ride!!! hahaha!!! It was awesome!!! We knew we were in for a fun weekend!!!!!!

Saturday morning, I woke up to this beauty cooking us breakfast! Anna is good at everything she does, and especially good at cooking! We were well fed!

Randy and Nephi started out by installing 4 ceiling fans with light kits in the girl's bedrooms! It was so fun and we all felt accomplished!!!


Then.... on to the fun.... THE BASEMENT!!!!!!!! I don't know how they do it, but those 2 men framed  in 56 linear feet and most of those walls had windows!!!! They worked and worked and worked! THEY ARE STUDS!!!!! If you don't believe me, look at the wood in this picture..... ;)



The kids did lot of playing! Here are 2 of the 3 sets of "twins"! 3 of my kids are all 5 months younger than hers, so it's like having 3 sets of twins.... Whitney and Maddison are "the big girls". Kelsey and Cambelle are "the little girls" and Hadley and Harper are "the babies"!!! It's so fun!!!!

After the full day of work, everyone took a little snooze!!!!



















































After nap time, it was CARD TIME!!!!!!!! A few games of Hand and Foot.... Anna and I proved that YEARS of being in each other's brain is good for killing everyone at cards!!!! Either that or we got lucky ;) I'm going with intuition!!! haha!!!!

Look how cute Anna and Hadley are!!!! I love them so much!!!!


Me and Ashley!!!! She's such a fun girl!!!




















Tyler's a serious gamer...... Hand and Foot was right up his alley!!!!














































At the end of the fun weekend, we came home to our cute Maddison! We had a blast, got a lot of work done, got to spend time with my BFF, the boys got to use power tools and it was just a great time!!!!

I miss Anna and her family so much more than words can express, so this weekend was just what I needed!!!!!


There's a great quote I found that explains exactly how I feel......

Everyone has a "best friend" during each stage of life, only a precious few have the same one!

I couldn't put it better! I'm so lucky to have Anna and her wonderful family in my life! I can't wait till we get to see them again!!!!!!


No comments: