The Clyde Family

The Clyde Family

Monday, December 29, 2008

The 6th time I got "stoned"

So, the day after Christmas Randy and I were laying in bed talking about the plans for the day... I always go shopping the day after, I love it, but then what? Play in the snow? Take the kids to the "dizzy" park? Madagascar 2? What should we do? We hadn't decided yet, so we were just going to see where the day took us. When I got up to go to the bathroom, all my plans went out the door, a feeling that I know all too well...... A KIDNEY STONE!!! That's right, I was going to give birth instead of play that day. I was so mad. I decided to try to shop, so I took do pyridium (dialates the urinary tract to make the stone pass "easier") and headed out to Target. I got as far as the gas station and decided to go back home. On the way home, I noticed that our friend, Paul was in front of me, so I texted him to go to my house for a blessing. Thank goodness he was there in no time, Randy and Paul gave me a Priesthood blessing and I was off to the doctor's office to get pain pills. This would be my 6th kidney stone since April 2004. At least I know the tricks.... pyridium, percocet, and more water than a camel would drink. Unfortunately, I have to take enough percocet that I can't function as a mom. I'm lucky that Randy was there. I was pretty much delirious the whole day. Thank goodness for Heather bringing dinner, I was thinking the kids would be happy with popcorn, she's so considerate. So, 19 short hours later, I gave birth to a stone that I named, "Little Big Juan" (sounds like One). This one was one of the easier ones I have had, no hospital and not a lot of throwing up, so it wasn't a bad labor. Next time, I'm going right to labor and delivery and asking for an epidural!!! When I was in Heaven and filled out the questionaire, the one that asked if I wanted to get stoned, I thought it sounded like fun and marked YES... that'll teach me.

8 comments:

Kristie said...

We hope that you are not dead!!! We miss you guys lots, thanks for taking care of our house for us!

Aleisha said...

That doesn't sound fun at all!!! I am glad you are better now.

The Palmers said...

You always make me laugh!

Rachel Doyle said...

Yuck - I have only had one of those bad boys -- and it wasn't a picnic - hope you are feeling better.

Misty @Creative Itch said...

Yikes!! Glad it was only a 19 hour 'labor' and didn't go on for days!! Hope you're feeling better!

I'm Stitching as fast as I can said...

Oh so sorry. My husband has had a family of the darn things and now he says he is working on the village. When I see him dying on the bathroom floor I feel so bad.
And hospitals are no fun.

Our ABC Family said...

Hopie! I love reading your blog! You always make me smile! I'm so sorry about your kidney stone but glad you're okay! I love that you can find humor in all things! I wish I was more that way! :) Love ya girl!

Joseph and Katie said...

Oh my gosh girl! OUCH! And yet I still laugh at your description. You are so funny. I'm sorry for the nasty problems with the stones. Take care.