The Clyde Family

The Clyde Family

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Yea, I'm one of "those girls"!!!

What were you thinking? Geesh!!! So, I've seen some blog posts where the blogger takes pictures of her loot after a shopping trip to show the savings she just had. I think it's really cool to see how much money people are saving by doing this coupon thing. I had my friend, Heather teach me the system (and there is a system) to saving so much money. I've been doing it for a few weeks now and haven't had a HUGE promotion to brag about UNTIL YESTERDAY!!! I am so excited!!! I went to Alberston's and on a promo they are having, plus using the coupons (strategically) that come in the Sunday paper, I saved a BUTT LOAD OF MONEY. For those of you that are confused about how much a butt load is, trust me, it's a lot. Here are the stats:
I got:

2 packs of sliced cheese
2 64 oz. Hawaiian Punch drinks
2 bags of chips
2 loafs of bread
3 Reece's PB cup hearts (clearance from V-day)
25 boxes of cake mix
5 tubs of frosting
8 boxes of fruit snacks
10 boxes of yummy brownies
15 boxes of cereal
5 tubes of refrigerated cinnamon rolls
4 tubes of refrigerated crescent rolls
8 cans of soup

That's 91 items
it cost me $62.70
with a total savings of $194.38

Imagine me skipping out of the grocery store!!! I was so happy, and still am!!! It took me an hour to organize stuff online and clip coupons. Another hour to shop (and I'm new at this, so I will get faster as I go). Essentially getting paid $97.00 an hour to shop like this!!! I am totally hooked. I had to trust Heather enough to buy the Sunday newspapers to get this going, and I am so glad I did!!! If anyone wants to know about it, I will gladly teach you how to do it, although there are people out there that are better at it than I am. I'm all about making the dollar stretch as much as we can right now!!! I think my dollar is stretched!!! Now if only my pants would do the same. I guess I can't have everything!!! Happy shopping everyone!!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hopie,
Please teach me!!!!!
Iva

Heidi said...

Thats so cool.

Erin said...

Ohhh... I've heard about you coupon clipping gals. I've never been interested, but I'm quite sure Kenny WISHES I was.

Great work!

Jen said...

hehe, welcome to the club! I'm one of these "coupon clippers" as well! It's like a natural high when you save that much money! lol! ...takes me back to the good old days...but that's another story. ;)
You know you can add EXTRA papers to your sunday spectrum for less than a dollar a week and get all the MORE coupons!
It took me a while to get the hang of organizing my list and then shopping, but I've been doing it about 6 months now and I'm much quicker - so there is still hope for you! ;)

Malea said...

I clip coupons like there's no tomorrow. But I didn't know about a set "system". I don't subscribe to the newspaper, just online things. So, I would love to find out your particular tricks!

Anonymous said...

I learned how to do this along time ago. Use the Tuesday nite adds that come in the mail box and recipes to make your shopping list from. Then clip the Sunday coupons that match sale or listed items. There is also a website that gives you coupons and a downloader to print them with. Smiths (Kroger) and Albertsons also have websites that give ya coupons.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Shad and Laura said...

Wow! That is really cool! Another website I like is www.pinchingyourpennies.com
You can subscribe to all sorts of newsletters and stay up on the good sales.
The Valentines party sounded really fun too!

Michelle Campbell said...

Just started this and I can't wait until I have a brag post like this one!!

Kim said...

Sweet Hope! I do the same thing (coupons)and I hit the same sale! YEAH! CONGRATS! It's an awesome feeling! I think my hubby gets tired of hearing the deals I get and the money I save...it can be a lot of FUN! I'm so glad to find your blog! P.S. I am adding you to my blog list as well...hahahaha~

Unknown said...

Ok Hopie...you have to tell me how this works. I started clipping coupons a little while ago, but I haven't heard about this. Do tell!!!