The Clyde Family

The Clyde Family

Thursday, May 19, 2011

FINALLY!!!!


Since I had Harper, I have had horrible headaches. When I say "horrible", I really mean it!!! I am not usually a headache girl, but something has changed and it's kicking my butt!!! I talked to my doctor, he thought at first it was hormones and that it would even out. 2 weeks later, I was still struggling so he ordered a CT scan to check it all out.

I was confirmed, I DO have a brain!!! And nothing showed up on the scan that could be the problem. Next step is an MRI. I had to wait for the insurance company to pre-authorize it. 8 days later and lots of pain, we finally got the go ahead!!!

So, tomorrow I will get the MRI to get an even better picture of my amazing brain. I have done blood work and all of it came back within "normal" range on everything. If the MRI is clean, then the next step is to go to the anesthesiologist to see if it has something to do with my spinal when I had the baby. Sometimes they have to do a "blood patch" (pretty much a spinal tap) to fix the headaches. I can't imagine having another one. I'm such a baby, but if it takes the headaches away, I'm all for it!!!

The pain is all day, everyday :( It's really starting to get to me, so I hope we can find something.... and soon!!!! It's been pretty miserable, so I'm pretty happy that we're a step closer to finding out what's going on!!! WAHOO!!!!!

Now, if I could only not be claustrophobic for the day!?! Wish me luck!!!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

i have a idea for you. All my boys were born by C - cection and none of my spinals closed. They had to blood patch them. So much better after. it sounds a lot like what I had. good luck.

Jeremy Reynolds Family said...

Good Luck Hopie! I hope you start feeling better soon.

Rachel Doyle said...

My cousin had to do the blood patch - it made her headaches go away-- Good luck!