The Clyde Family

The Clyde Family

Monday, May 16, 2011

Girls rock!!!!

Music has always been a big part of my life. I love how it can effect my mood and help make memories and bring people together. In general, I think that the world is so hard on women and girls. It's so unfair and it only brings us and our girls down. We're never pretty enough, thin enough, smart enough, spiritual enough, make enough money, have a clean enough house, ect... You get my point, right? Well, there has been a few songs lately that I have come across that have made a huge impact on me.

Who Says by Salena Gomez is one of those songs. She talks about being perfect and who says you're not? Who's standards are so important that we put ourselves down according to them? She sends a message of just loving who you are. Don't worry about what other people say. It's uplifting and just pure and clean. I love it!!!

Not Like the Movies by Katy Perry is one of my favorites lately also. She sings about how if you're in a relationship and it's not perfect, it's not worth it. If it doesn't feel right, it's not. Get out!!! I love that it sends the message to girls and women that they are worth the finer things in life!!!

Perfect by P!nk sends such a strong message to girls that you are beautiful the way you are. No one can tell you different. You are important and perfect. The lyrics have the "F" word in it, so I found the edited version of the lyrics, but if you listen to it, you will get the point of the whole song.

These songs are ones that I want my girls to learn and love. I want them to get the messages to all these songs and live them. I also want my son to know that this is how he should treat women and girls. He is quite the tender boy, so I don't think I will ever have a problem with that, but we all need to remember how important to our Heavenly Father and he would never want us to feel bad about ourselves.

Anyhow, that's our music time for the week!!! Enjoy!!!

3 comments:

Jeremy Reynolds Family said...

Awesome! I love all of these songs. Kinley knows the words and sings along. I love the edited versions too. Music is wonderful!!

Mishqueen said...

You can also download Audacity (free software) to edit all the swears out of all your songs on the computer. :D If you have questions, feel free to contact me!

Erin said...

Great songs Hopie! We need more of this kind of music!