The Clyde Family

The Clyde Family

Monday, May 30, 2011

From the heart...




This last couple of weeks has been kinda crazy in my family. A couple of weeks ago, my dad was having these shock things happen in his chest and thought it was his pacemaker. They went to the ER and NOTHING was found to be the problem!?! It was not his pacemaker. He got into his cardiologist and this week had an angiogram. During the angiogram, they found 2 arteries that were blocked. Thank goodness they were able to do stints on both of them. While in there, the doctors found that one of the arteries was "well over 90% blocked". They still can not explain the shocking thing that was happening to him, but it got him going to the doctor and found those blockages. The one blockage would have catastrophic effects if they wouldn't have found it when they did. THANK YOU to the Holy Ghost that did all He could to get my dad into the doctors to find this problem. I'm not ready to lose my parents yet.

Then my mom has been having weird health issues. She went to her GP thinking she had pneumonia and instead, he diagnosed her with congestive heart failure. Kinda freaked us all out. She has been through a battery of tests and is still being tested, but they can't figure out her health problems. It's pretty scary when my mom doesn't feel right but no one knows why. But they are still trying.

This is hard for me. I don't like thinking of my parents as getting older. I know it's better than the alternative, but still, I HATE IT!!!! My parents have always been "go get hers", so for them to be slowing down is just part of the reality that they are getting older. We are really close to my parents, physically and otherwise. We only live 4 minutes apart, and I LOVE that!!!

I guess I will just enjoy ever second I get and not live with regrets. That's my plan!!! I love my parents with all my heart and I am grateful for the time I get with them!!!


BTW, check out the song. It's one of my favorites. Don't You Wanna Stay by Jason Aldean and Kelly Clarkson.
I always coordinate the songs on my blog with my latest blog post.
It's one of my favorites BIG TIME right now!!!

1 comment:

Jeremy Reynolds Family said...

I hate to hear about your parents health issues too. I love both of them so much. I hope everything works out well.