The Clyde Family

The Clyde Family

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Happy 3rd birthday sweet Cambelle!!!


Today (Saturday) is Cambelle's 3rd birthday. She has been such a blessing in our lives. When I found out I was pregnant with her, I was NOT happy. I was worried about having another sick baby and wasn't wanting to have another any time soon. Funny how things happen.... thank goodness Anna talked me off of the cliff that day. In about the 6th month of pregnancy I finally came to terms that there was going to be a baby in our family. We never find out what we are having and I have to have c-sections so we chose Aug. 9th for the baby's birthday. It's my Grandpa Albrecht's birthday too. He died a few years ago and I miss him like crazy so I thought that would be a good memory on that day instead of sad. If the baby was a boy we would have named him Logan Craig after my grandpa, but she came out a girl, so we named her Cambelle after Randy's beloved Grandma and Grandpa Campbell. Hopefully she will grow up knowing how important her name is and wont hate us too bad. She is such a blessing that I never expected. She wins hearts over pretty quick, but don't make her mad. She has a temper and attitude of the red-headed Campbell family members. She wont ever be bullied, we'll say that!!! So her birthday started with the county fair parade, then we went to the fair for a while and she ended her day hanging with the Clyde's (heaven). How many kids get to go to a parade on their birthday? Cool, hau? I was thinking how different my childhood was from her's when I looked in my baby book and saw the entry for MY 3rd birthday (I wasn't adopted yet, so it's Tisha writing), "for my 3rd birthday I had Anna Brinkerhoff and Shauna Stucki over for lunch. Anna gave me a coloring book and crayons and Shauna gave me a Hot Wheels case.". I still have lunch with Anna on a regular basis and I still have the Hot Wheels case Shauna gave me. One thing that is the same is that Cambelle has a lot of people that love her, just like I did and still do. I hope she can have a good life and find a good counselor when she's older that will help fix the things that I have messed up on!!! Happy birthday Cambelle, even though you wont read this, I love you more than you know. You are exactly what our family needed!!!

2 comments:

Zitting Zoo said...

Happy Birthday!!! I know your going to have a great year and a great life how could your not with parents like you and Randy!

Heidi said...

Happy birthday!!!