The Clyde Family

The Clyde Family

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I am thankful...


I am thankful that I don't have to deal with the terrible things happening in California right now. I am so sad for our brothers and sisters in CA. When Randy and I went to the Temple on Saturday, I had a thought of how hard it would be to go in those doors with people yelling at us and calling us names. What would I do? I know I would feel horrible. There are a lot of people that are not of our faith that voted for Prop. 8 and yet our members are taking such a hit. Can you imagine on your wedding day, outside the Temple that you have dreamed of your whole life, getting ready to take the pictures that will hang on your wall forever and hearing the awful things that the protesters are yelling. My hearts go out to our members in CA and those that don't understand why we feel the way we do on this matter. I hope Heavenly Father can help everyone find love in their hearts.

2 comments:

Malea said...

My husband and I were just talking about this with our kids the other day. Makes Matthew 5:10 hit really close to home: Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness’ sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Aleisha said...

Thank you for this post. It is always good to be thankful for what we have. I can't imagine being in that environment. I have talked to a few people that have witnessed it and say it is crazy.