The Clyde Family

The Clyde Family

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Our Thanksgiving Weekend!!!

Thanksgiving weekend this year DID NOT disappoint!!! We started out on Wednesday morning, waiting for my Grandma Albrecht to get here from Vegas to go to my Uncle Barry's house is Pleasant View, UT (also known as the great white tundra). We pulled the kids out of class early so we could get there at a descent time. On our way up it was raining like crazy, we weren't too worried about our luggage in the cargo carrier, atop the Tahoe, after all, it was "water resistant". We had the opportunity to take every one's pop tabs to the Ronald McDonald House in SLC to help give back to the house from when we stayed there almost 7 years ago... ANYHOW, we had SO MANY tabs THANK YOU EVERYONE and they were so happy to see us. It is always an emotional place for us to go. It brings back so many scary memories. So, on we go.... up north even further!!! We got to my aunt and uncle's house in pretty good time. It was so great to be with them again. As we got our luggage out of the cargo carrier, we realized the difference in "water resistant" and "water PROOF".... our clothing was SOAKED!!! I ended up drying and re-folding ALL of our laundry for the 4 day trip 5 people X 4 days... lots of laundry!!! Uhggg.....The next day was Thanksgiving.


Dinner was SO FREAKIN YUMMY!!! My Uncle Barry is the best cook!!! Yummy, yummy and more yummy!!! Bear and Iva brined the turkey this year, the bucket wasn't big enough, so someone had to keep going out to "squirt Bob's (the turkey) a**". Couldn't leave his butt out of the fun!!! We have a lot to be thankful for. As a tradition, we go around the table to tell something we are thankful for. When we came to Tyler, he requested to go last. When it was his turn, he simply said, in his cute little 6 year old voice, "I am thankful to have my mom and dad and sisters". I am such a baby!!! I cried so hard. He didn't say anything about his gameboy or Pokemon cards. THAT'S what it's all about. As a special bonus, we got to see another one of my favorite cousins, Rebecca, up from Vegas to see her mom. It was great!!! That night my Aunt Iva decided since the boys were going buffalo hunting for 2 days that we should do something before they leave, just the girls. So, we went to Twilight. I haven't read the books, so I didn't really know what all the fuss was about. All I can say is.... I'm in love with a vampire!!!! Woohooo Edward Cullen!!!! My grandma is a Jacob fan, but for me.... Edward all the way!!! I absolutely LOVED the movie!!!








The next day, Bear, Randy and Dallen, were on their way to Montana for a buffalo "harvest". Not really a "hunt", but you get to kill a big, huge, buffalo. When I found out they would be right by Yellowstone, I made sure Randy would take a picture of himself by the sign, just for Gina. She loves Yellowstone and I thought it would be fun to tease her!!!



The boys had fun "bonding". I don't need to know what they do when there aren't girls around, do you? Too much burping and farting, if you ask me!!!












This is the mighty hunter man and his nice kill. They brought the hide home. I took pictures, but they make me gag, so I didn't put them on here. It's just gross.








On the way home from Montana, they got into some snow, glad it was them and not me!!!












Before we knew it, it was time to come home. The kids played so much and had such a great time. My cousins Elizabeth and Danielle are just the best and Dallen totally rocks. Whenever we are with that family, it reminds me of how much I love them and miss them. We were lucky to get to spend the whole time with my grandma too. She is the best grandma anyone would ask for. I am 32 and she still makes me feel like I am the most important person in her life. I want to be that kind of grandma.





We got home pretty quick.... um, well, considering my brother-in-law is a UHP trooper, maybe I shouldn't say how fast we got home. Our speedometer hasn't been working right and after a few hours in the car, it feels like you're going slower than you really are. We got home in 5 hours, including a lunch break and 2 potty stops. I am SO glad I have a heavy foot, when we pulled
in what did I find? My 2 best friends, Anna and
Gina trying to sabotage my house as payback from a previous prank I pulled on Anna.... GOTCHA!!!!! It was great to catch them red-handed!!! Anyhow, it was one of the best holidays ever. We all had such a wonderful time. I love my family. I am so blessed, I never take that for granted. I hope you all had as good of a time with your families too!!!!

5 comments:

Megan said...

I am so glad you had a lot of caps. With Paige we weren't sure if we were going to have to stay at the Ronald home, but we didn't have too. You didn't just make Gina jealous with the Yellowstone sign. I LOVE Yellowstone, that is where I met Steve, hehe. Also glad to hear you had a great Thanksgiving. Take care!!!

Malea said...

I love that you named the turkey Bob. Your buffalo looks awesome. I will pay you for jerkey.

Heidi said...

Looks like alot of fun. Jason so jealous of randys hunt.

Aleisha said...

Sounds like you had a great time.

Alton clan said...

i will get you....don't you worry.