The Clyde Family

The Clyde Family

Thursday, April 9, 2009

The not-so-April-Fool's prank!!!!

Warning... this post is pretty long, but TOTALLY WORTH the read. I promise, you wont regret reading it!!!



So, Randy got a call from our neighbor (Dave Palmer) the other day about cutting down the tree in his front yard. Of course he can't pass that up!!! Today was the blessed event. As he left, he mentioned that he was also taking down The Latey's tree also. My response to that, "do they WANT their tree taken down?" Randy said, "I guess so, that's what Dave said!!!". Off he went.


He had to hurry home for me to leave, so we passed each other and off I went. When I got home, we ate, and I logged onto Facebook. The first post I see is Suzanne Latey's that says, "We got home and THIS is what we found" with a picture of the tree Randy had taken down in her front yard. I proudly put on her FB that is was my husband that did THAT!!! Then it got me wondering, was he REALLY supposed to cut it down? I questioned him and he informed me that Dave was told by Suzanne to cut it down. Well, he took off to Stake Bishopric meeting. I get a knock at the door. It's Suzanne and her daughter, Brittney. She asked me WHY Randy cut her tree down. I told her that Dave told him to. Then I asked, "you did want your tree cut down, DIDN'T YOU?". That's when she simply shook her head NO and said, "we like our little tree". I was devastated. I told her Randy would call her as soon as he got home. All I could think is how nice Randy is, he'll never confront Dave about it. He'll just pull out the stump and re-plant a new tree. That would TOTALLY be what he would do. So, there I sat, waiting for him to get home to quiz him. I called my mom, his mom, Paul, Steven, Amy, ect... it's hilarious if it's not YOUR tree. I knew Randy would be just sick. He finally got home, I quizzed him about it. He confirmed that Dave insisted on cutting it down. He said, "I knew in my gut that I shouldn't do it". He knew he needed to find a resolution. He called Palmer's... no answer. He called our Bishop to see if he had a cell # for Dave, no luck. He told Bishop the story "before he found out from anyone else". Right then, the phone rang, it was Latey's. He answered, talked a minute and got off. "They're coming over, Suzanne has a bill for me." . He was just ill. Suzanne and Brittney came in, Randy's so mellow he just kind of sat there and immediately, I'm saying, "it was Dave, he told Randy, blah, blah, blah". Calmly, Suzanne said, "we were wondering WHY you would cut our tree down!!! We'll work it out". I was freaking out, Randy in his own way was freaking out and then Suzanne said, "this is for you" and handed him a paper folded into 3. He opens it and in large print, it says, "YOU'VE BEEN PUNK'D!!!". I started HOWLING with laughter!!! I can't believe it!!! I had to make sure, so I asked and YES they DID want their tree cut down. They knew we were pranksters and just couldn't pass it up!!!! I am still laughing my head off. Randy is SHOCKED that he got had!!! They brought donuts as a peace offering. I will bow down to those girls every time I see them from now on!!!! ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!! I can't even say how great I think they are right now!!! I told them to watch for random sisters of mine at their house paying homage!!! You girls got us, and you got us GOOD!!!! I love our neighbors!!! EVERY SINGLE ONE!!!

11 comments:

Emily said...

Way to go, Lateys!! That's just awesome! I hope Randy is laughing & breathing again.

The McInnes Family said...

I'm still not convinced that it was worth it. I am the kind of guy who shows real concern and ends up looking like an idiot when those things happen. THIS IS WHY I HATE APRIL FOOL'S DAY!!! Hello! I care and because I care I get taken advantage of!! Poor, poor Randy! I know he feels the same way I do about this deep down inside....funny but yet that was a horrible horrible trick. And to think, they dead-panned me in their own front yard about this and didn't put me into the loop before Hopie called me!! GRRR!!

Megan said...

hilarous!!!

Nettie said...

oh man, how will I EVER stop laughing about that??? I wish I could be so crafty as your neighbors! lol GOOD ONE!

Alton clan said...

WE ARE NOT WORTHY!!!! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAH HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HA HA HA...Someone NEEDS to do this to my husband PLEASE!!!!!! He so deserves this kind of thing way more than Randy...but that is some funny stuff!

Misty @Creative Itch said...

Awesome! Wish I could have been a fly on the wall when the Latey's came over with the 'bill'! Hilarious!!

The 5 Happy Dayz said...

So I have a huge stump that Randy can come pull out! AND I will bring him Donuts! That is so funny!

Heidi said...

That is so funny. I think I would of been freakin out.

Aleisha said...

That is seriously the funniest thing! So, is there some payback coming??

Rachel Doyle said...

I thought I was going to die laughing while reading this -- this is a fantastic prank.

Fer said...

OMG LOL!