The Clyde Family

The Clyde Family

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Sicky Micky....


Miss Maddison woke up Friday morning sick. This is NOT the day you want to be sick. She realized that because she's in 5th grade, this was her last BIG YEAR for Halloween at school. Her class had parties planned all day. As the morning wore on, she was feeling worse and worse. She decided that she wanted to go to school in her costume and sit next to me for the costume parade. She didn't even have the energy to walk in the parade. I knew she was really sick if she was giving up THIS day.

I had an OB appointment in the afternoon, so I was going to take her with me and have her looked at. As the hours moved by, she got WAY more sick. By the time to go to my appointment, I thought I was going to have to carry her into the doctor. As soon as he looked at her throat, he said she has tonsillitis and he ran a test for strep and it came back positive.

So, a trip to the pharmacy and she was able to sleep the day away. Sadly, it was our ward trunk or treat last night. She was too out of it to know that she missed it. Tyler and Cambelle took and extra bucket and collected candy for her.

She is not as dead today as she was yesterday, but she isn't GOOD either. I feel so bad for her. I am always so surprised how sick kids get when they get step throat. IT'S BAD :( But, she's on the mend and hopefully it's over for this winter!!!

3 comments:

Peggy Clyde said...

I hope you get better soon, Maddison. I am so sorry you are sick. I love you.

Heidi said...

Poor girl, She is sure growing up. Strep always make my kids so sick.

Malea said...

I know how upset Matthew would've felt if he'd have missed his last big halloween hurrah. Poor baby girl. Hope she and you can get rested up....and she will feel better before another holiday pics up.