The Clyde Family

The Clyde Family

Thursday, October 22, 2009

It's Maddison's turn now :(

I am so happy that my children have finally learned the concept of sharing, too bad it's the swine flu that they are sharing. Maddison woke up with a nightmare early this morning and she was running a fever. It was almost laughable that Maddison has it now and that Cambelle will surely be getting it also. For the way our week has gone, I kind of expected it. So, I called the doctor and he called in Tamiflu for both of the girls. Where Tyler tested positive, there's no reason to test the girls. Maddison threw up a couple of times and then has spent the day like this...... I feel so sorry for my kids when they are sick. It's so hard to see them not feeling well. My mom went to the pharmacy and got the girls' medicine, Holly got some more Tylenol for Maddison and my neighbor brought over some Coke for me. With all of our guardian angels, we might just survive this!!!


Cambelle and I decided to take a little shnooze.......

But not Tyler, he's good as gold!!! We just have to be overly cautious for him not getting a secondary infection now that he's had swine flu. If he gets bronchitis, pneumonia, or a cold, at this point it could be deadly. We will take extra care of the kids to make sure none of them get anything else.



Peggy sent dinner home with Randy tonight. Thanks, mom. We've had dinner made for us this whole week and I am so grateful. I am still struggling, trying to get my strength back and stay out of pain, so any help we have got has been soooo appreciated.

Randy and I are still trying to sort our feelings out from the miscarriage. It's been a lot harder than either one of us have expected. Tomorrow is my one week check up with the OBGYN after my D&C. It will be nice to see how much longer I need to anticipate feeling this way.

Anyhow, thank you to all of the special people in our lives that have helped us so much this last week. It has been such a trying experience for us, as some of you have also experienced. We will get through this, only with the help of all of our loved ones, for sure. We are so blessed to have such wonderful support from family and friends. Thank you!!!

3 comments:

Erin said...

Oh Hopie. I wish I was there to give you a big hug. Man - when it rains it pours, huh? The Swine Flu on top of everything else you've had going on. So not fair. I'm grateful that your son recovered so quickly! Hopefully your girls will too and you can put all of these messes behind you and move on. You WILL feel normal and happy again. I promise. Just give it some time. Coke helps too but it sounds like you already have that figured out. :) Your family is in our prayers. Hang in there.

Amy said...

I hate when my kids are sick, I hate the feeling that I can't just fix them and make it all better! I'm glad Tyler is doing better and I hope Maddison gets better soon. And I hope that Cambelle just doesn't get it! :) Another big cyber-hug coming your way!

Clark Family said...

Hopie if anyone can do it YOU CAN!!!!!!!. Sending you my love. And energy to keep up with these trials.