The Clyde Family

The Clyde Family

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My Grandpa

This is my Grandma and Grandpa Albrecht. 2 of the best grandparents ever in the whole world. Today is a sad anniversary, 7 years ago today my grandpa died having open heart surgery. He was an old pro at heart surgery, but this one would prove too much for his mortal body. It's a horrible day that I will never forget, but today I will focus on the fun things that remind me of my grandpa. He is the only grandpa I ever had growing up, and thank goodness, because no one would be able to compare to him. He's my biological dad's father and I am so blessed to get to spend so much time with my grandparents. He loved his Diet Coke and Tab. He would blow the top of the can to clean it off before he opened it and when he was done, he would suck every last drop out!!! When he wanted your attention, he would snap, but his snaps made no noise, just a rubbing sound!!! He always called me "Sis" and most of the other girls that he loved. I got to spend summers and holidays with them all by myself because they were not my sister's grandparents, just mine!!! I am so blessed to have them in my life. I miss my grandpa every single day. When he died, it was the first time I remember feeling angry that someone had been taken from me. I have had a hard time overcoming those feelings of anger. But I know that one day we will get to be together again!!! One lesson I learned from my grandpa's death was never to ignore promptings. If you get the urge to tell someone you love them, you need to do it. You never know when those you love are going to leave you, so hold them as close as you can. Have a good day today, I know I will by remembering all the fun times I've had with my grandpa!!!

1 comment:

Malea said...

Not enough play goes out to our grandparents sometimes. They're old, so sometimes people don't understand that we should miss them incredibly after they die. But I understand. My biological father's mom was my grandma who I miss everyday. Sweet post, Hope.