The Clyde Family

The Clyde Family

Sunday, September 14, 2008

The secret is out!!!


So, the big secret was that Randy got put in as the 1st counselor in our Bishopric today!!! Surprised? I was!!! Thursday night at 8:30pm we got a call from a member of the Stake Presidency asking if we could meet them at 9:30 that night. That's never a good feeling. Once we got there, we pretty much had an idea what was going on. It was a pretty spiritual interview. We are both really overwhelmed right now, but Randy's ready to get to work. Our Bishop has only been in for 2 years and he released his counselors and put Randy and Jeff Heaton in. There is no other reason than that is what the Spirit has told him to do. Anna's husband is Bishop in their ward and our good friend, Paul was one of the counselors that was released in our ward. They have given us some really good advice. I have never doubted that Randy is the man for the job but do I look like a Bishopric counselor's wife? I don't think so!!! It was our Primary program today so it wasn't weird that our family was all there. Our ward members were SHOCKED!!! It was kinda fun. We have such supportive family and friends. By my best count there were 39 friends and family members that came just to support Randy. What a blessing. Randy's dad got to ordain him a High Priest and then Pres. Christensen set him apart as 1st counselor. It was very emotional. Randy is so obedient. Pres. Bowden (2nd counselor in Stake Presidency) said how Randy made 2 comments in his interview, one was, "I guess I need to get a new suit (he hasn't had one since his mission 13 years ago) and the other one was, "I guess I'll be shaving my face". Pres. Bowden's response was, "If you're asking, you already know the answer." He complimented Randy on his obedience because he showed up clean shaven with a suit on. He looks totally different, as you can see in the pictures. I am so happy to have a husband that takes all of this so seriously. He had always been a good example to me. So, that's the big secret!!! Surprised?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nope..i am not because my husband can not keep a secret!

Unknown said...

No, I'm not surprised and not because anybody told me, becuase nobody did! I am not surprised that the Lord has called him to be 1st counselor! I have known Randy for a while now-what maybe 7 or 8 years and he is just a wonderful person! I can't think of anyone that would fill that possition any better! Congrats Randy! Hope, you must be so proud of your husband and yes, you look like a counselor's wife as much as Becky looks like a bishop's wife! We're so happy for you guys! Love you!

Heidi said...

Way to go randy, Thats so exciting. I'm so happy for you guys.

Brenda said...

Watching this happen today for you, Randy and the kids...takes me back to when they put Eric in just over 10 years ago. He had to go get a new suit too. Welcome to the High Priests Quorum! It will be nice to have you young guns in the group. We are sure that Randy will do a great job, Jeff too.

Zitting Zoo said...

WoW! He looks like a grown-up! Congrats Randy and I know your family will be blessed-Hope-Rah Rah sis Boom Ba!!! Goooo Hope!!!

Shad and Laura said...

Well look at you, Hope- you know this really means you're going to have to clean up your act, don't you?!

Ronni Blair said...

I was shocked! Never would have guessed this was coming. Good luck with it. He will be good.
P.S. I was hoping you were pregnant!!!

Angie A. said...

Hope, I tagged you! Play along, and go to my blog for instructions. Have Fun!

The Bohne's said...

Congratulations! Randy will be great and you will be a good bishopric wife.

Guzman Gang said...

Hope and Randy,
Its Jen Staples Guzman. I just found you guys through Heidi's Blog. Gongrats Randy on your new calling. Im sure you will do great!
Jen