The Clyde Family

The Clyde Family

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Randy's latest appointment!!!

Randy went to the orthopedic surgeon today. It has been 5 1/2 weeks since the crash. His separation on:

Day 1- 20mm
2 1/2 weeks- 12mm
today at 5 1/2 weeks- 8mm


The surgeon is still shocked that Randy didn't need surgery and sad because he's trained to FIX people surgically and Randy didn't need him!!!! He said that this is as good as it MAY ever get. We might have another appointment with him in 3 months, if it's requested by our lawyer.

Randy gets to work full time again. He needs to strengthen that left leg back up and when he's comfortable, he can ditch the crutches (today)!!! He can drive heavy equipment as long as he can get in it (no clutches for at least 2 more weeks), but that probably wont be right away because he physically can't bend enough to climb into any loaders, cement trucks or water trucks, ect...

We are so happy with the progress he's made. The surgeon was shocked, so I guess we know that every one's prayers are working!!! He told us that sleeping on a regular bed might be an issue for a year or even more. That made Randy feel better. He's been pretty discouraged about not being able to sleep in our bed. The doctor also told us that his patients with pelvic injuries also have good luck with foam mattresses. So, maybe we can get a foam top for our bed and see if that helps.

Randy wanted to know when he could haul wood off the mountain and run his chain saw again, the doctor told him he could do anything that HE could tolerate. Randy was pretty happy about that!!! He misses his saw!!!

So, it was a GREAT visit!!! We are so happy right now!!!! Sounds like normal life isn't that far off!!!

This is today's x-ray...


This x-ray was 3 weeks ago...


It's hard for most people to see the difference, because of the difference in magnification, but there is a difference and that is NOTHING BUT GOOD!!!!

Another good thing we found out, we will get most of the insurance money back. We had just paid his yearly premium 18 days before his crash. ALSO, the state and county will refund our taxes and licensing on the bike because it was totaled less than 30 days of registration!!!! YEA US!!!! I guess if you're gonna total a car, do it right after you register it, cuz then you get the money back!!!! I like this good news stuff, let's keep it going!!!!

We're still waiting to hear back from the urologist about his test, is it stingy to hope for positive results on THAT too? I guess I can deal with being called stingy!!!!

7 comments:

Brittney Taylor said...

Hey Hope we have a foam mattress thing to put on your bed if you want to try it before you buy one...we aren't using it right now...let me know we would be more then happy to let you see how it works...

I'm Stitching as fast as I can said...

An amazing blessing!

Nettie said...

Yeah! jumping for joy! I am so glad things are looking up. I can't believe it has been 5 weeks! Time flies...

Malea said...

If I were you, I'd get the doc to reword that "do anything HE could tolerate" order. If he's anything like...well, my husband:), he'd at least try to use it very conveniently, "honey, I'm not sure I could tolerate doing that"...

Our ABC Family said...

We're SO glad to hear that things are getting better! Those clyde boys are fighters! I hope he can get back to his saw again soon too! ;) Love you guys! Keep us posted!

Claudia/Rob said...

OH Hope I am glad things are looking up for you guys! :) It's so good to hear that he is getting better and that things are coming together well! :) I hope it continues to be that way! :)

Brenda said...

In my mind, it was a given that Randy would do well. Congratulations.