The Clyde Family

The Clyde Family

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Today

So, this is where we stand today. Randy wanted to try to go to work today, but I talked him out of it last night. Today is the 3 week mark and I still think it's too early. He CAN drive his truck and my Tahoe. The doctor said as long as he's off of the big pain meds and can physically drive his truck (it's an automatic), then he has the green light. So, we tried it and he was successful. We tried sleeping in our bed again last night and it's obvious that it's just too early to do that. We got up at 3:30am and came back into the big room. Him on the recliner, me on the air mattress. I'm glad he didn't try working today, even though it was only gonna be a couple of hours, it was a long night. He MIGHT go in for a couple of hours in the morning, he's gonna call. We wont even try the bed tonight and I think I might give him some Benadryl to sleep. He's just not sleeping since he got of the pain meds.

Yesterday, we had kind of an issue. Randy was getting out of the shower and I think he almost forgot that he was hurt and tried stepping out of the shower like normal and halfway through that step, his body wouldn't work that way and he missed his footing and kinda slipped. He didn't fall, but it definitely jarred him pretty good. I think it kinda scared him, I know it scared me. He took it easy the rest of the afternoon and says that there isn't any problems because of it. It's just another realization that there is a lot more healing to do. As many celebrations as we have about the good job he's going, he's still broken and will be for a while.

Tonight was stake Bishopric meeting and when he was getting ready, I heard him kinda giggle. When he came down the hall, I could see what he was giggling about.... he was wearing his motorcycle tie!!! He's such a goof. He is, and always will be, a bike rider at heart. You either are, or you're not!!!

I want to, again, thank everyone for you love and support. I know we are going through this trial for really good reasons. I feel blessed to have this happen so we can receive blessings and service from all of our loved ones. THANK YOU!!!! Every comment, note, call, visit, ect.... has a huge impact on us!!!

5 comments:

JeMM said...

Love the tie - so great!

Brenda said...

Step by step, you guys are doing great. Keep smilin'

Amy said...

I'm so glad that Randy is doing so well. Its so frustrating to not be able to do the things that you want to do but he handles it with such humor. I'm so amazed at how fast he's healing. It just goes to show how the power of prayer works.

Smunkee Mama said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Smunkee Mama said...

So sorry I haven't been able to do anything for you guys since I am barely able to do much for myself or my family with this terrible morning sickness!! I wish I could be there helping clean house or take you dinner or anything else you need!!! I haven't even been on the computer much lately....Just know that you guys have been in my thoughts and prayers!!
So glad Randy is getting better. We will come by soon as I get feeling better!
You two are wonderful and we love you guys!!