The Clyde Family

The Clyde Family

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Come listen to a Prophet's voice

This weekend is General Conference. It is always a pleasure to hear from our Prophet and other leaders. When I was younger, the thing I remember about Conference the most was how loud my mom would (and still does) sing to all the Hymns. The older I get, the more I look forward to hearing from the speakers. We missed the morning session today, we were "yelling" at the marathon runners, but we were able to get most of the second session. We have them on DVR and I can't wait to watch them. There is so much icky in the world right now and I am glad to have the beliefs that keep me going everyday. I get to chose how to live my life, right or wrong. I hope I can always do what's right, but thankful for the atonement to help me when I fall short. It's such a simple Gospel and I am so happy to have it to guide me everyday. Tonight Randy is at the Priesthood session. A few years ago, our friend, Paul invited him to go to dinner after the Priesthood session. Now it's just a given. They have changed dinner to before the session, but it makes it a lot funner for all of them. I am grateful that Randy honors his Priesthood enough to go to these meetings. They help our family so much. "Move forward with faith and hope". That's what I took from Conference today....looking forward to tomorrow!!!

1 comment:

I'm Stitching as fast as I can said...

We should always have this good feeling.
Oh, and by the way, I put something nice on my blog today, Promise