The Clyde Family

The Clyde Family

Monday, October 13, 2008

A crucial warning to all parents...

This is a situation that happened to us yesterday and I want to warn you so it wont happen to you. Since our children have been in school, they have learned to read. Well, Randy and I forget that from time to time, yesterday was just another lesson. The kids and I went to Hurricane and left Randy to do his church stuff and then later he would join us. When he got to his parents, he told me that he had left a note for me at the house. When we got home, I saw on our bathroom mirror, "comonawanalaya". If you say it fast enough, you'll know what his intentions were..... well, I didn't give it a second thought until in the morning when Maddison was brushing her hair and she asked me, "mom what does 'comonawanalaya' mean?". I didn't know what to say, I asked her if it sounded like anything and she said, "no", so I told her that her dad was just playing with mommy by writing a bunch of letters on the mirror that didn't make sense. Now, that all might not be too funny but just the night before, I wrote on the mirror, "wanna pick up where we left off last night?" and when there was a call for an explanation from Maddison I lied and told her that Randy and I wanted to eat ice cream the night before and didn't so I had got some ice cream for us to eat!!!! Can I please learn this lesson already? MY KIDS CAN READ!!! The funniest thing was when Tyler was getting his hair done this morning, he was trying to sound out, "comonawanalaya". I was busting a gut. I guess we need to find a new way to write dirty notes to each other!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hee hee hee hee hee! I can't stop laughing! You are so dang funny!

Brenda said...

Just wait until they become teenagers and your little notes are recalled to their memories. They won't be buying the ice cream explanation anymore. :-)

I'm Stitching as fast as I can said...

Love it, thanks for sharing.
I think I might write that on the mirror tonight.

Shad and Laura said...

Are bishopric guys allowed to even think things like that?!?

The Fords said...

love it and I love laura's comment! You just gave me an idea for my husband! I'm still lucky my kids don't read yet!!!