The Clyde Family

The Clyde Family

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Chicks that rock!!!

So, I was talking to my Aunt Iva today and she was telling me about what happened to my cousin Danielle this weekend. She's a senior and wanted to go to Sr. Prom with a friend that she likes that doesn't go to her school anymore, so she asked him!!! She made all the plans, did everything for the date and even drove to the dance. When they got to the dance, one of her date's friends was there. When her date hangs out with this friend, he kinda acts, well... stupid. Danielle and her date were dancing and his friend was making fun of Danielle. Saying mean stuff, changing lyrics to songs to be mean to her, ect... Well, Danielle had enough. She's pretty strong willed, a personality trait that I hope my daughters have when they need to. She doesn't take crap from anyone, never has!!! She's my kind of girl, it's the last name! Some Albrecht's are born that way!!! So when it came to a breaking point, she decided the only thing she could do was....
LEAVE HIM AT THE DANCE AND GO HOME!!!! That's right... my kick butt cousin left her date at a school dance because his friends were disrespecting her. I know you are all clapping right now!!! I was!!! It ended up, that he didn't know what his friends were saying to her and after he had talks with my aunt, uncle, my aunt's mom and Danielle, he asked her to his Sr. Prom to make it up and she's making him stew, she hasn't given him an answer yet!!! The whole point of this post is to let Danielle know that I think she ROCKS and I hope I can do as good as my aunt and uncle raising girls that they never "settle" for just anything. Girls that are strong and have good self-worth are the kind of chicks I want to be around. Danielle, I think you're amazing!!! Love you girl!!!

Hey G... thanks for the song suggestion!!!

2 comments:

Mat and Jamie Holt said...

Awesome! I'm way to chicken to ever pull anything like that off. Sadies and preference were not easy for me.

Megan said...

You are amazing... I don't think I will use M&S Photo, m&s is not very good initials... I will let you look it up.