The Clyde Family

The Clyde Family

Monday, March 9, 2009

Update on the Ty boy....

So this weekend was a doozy. After our trip to the doctor on Sat. Tyler continued to get more sick. His fever was around 102 all night. Sunday I couldn't get his fever below 102.8 at one point it was as high as 103.5 That's when I got really worried, cold cloths all over him, Tylenol and Motrin, calling the doctor, and calling Randy out of Bishopric meetings to get home to give him a blessing. The doctor said the anti-biotic was in him long enough that the fever should be gone and so I should get him to Instacare. Off we went. We waited for 50 minutes when a nurse came out and took his temp, it had dropped to an even 100. She said to me in a snotty voice, "well, his fever is dropping, so I guess you can go home. There's nothing really we can do for you." I wanted to get my num-chucks out an whoop her a** right there in the waiting room, but I decided that wasn't a good idea. So as nice as I could, after 2 completely sleepless nights, I told her, "our doctor told us to come down for further testing, we'll wait for the doctor". She rolled her eyes and walked away. Again, refraining from punching her in the back of the head, I let the skinny little brat go. Ahhh, so they finally call us in, and the doctor had a whole different attitude than his little assistant. He was really worried for Tyler. They did a flu test, meningitis, mono and a full blood work up. All of which came back negative. He told me Ty just has a severe case of strep. Treat the fever and things will start getting better. I told the doctor I felt like I had wasted his time, and he informed me that I had done the right thing. He said if it was his son, he would have done the same thing and if he was a betting man, he would have bet that Tyler had mono. Thank goodness he didn't. We came home, put him to bed and listened to him cry all night because his throat was so sore. His fever never came back up, but his throat is raw and his voice is gone. This morning he woke up like a whole new man!!! He had energy again and was ready to go to school. His throat and voice are still bad, but he's doing a lot better!!! He went to bed early tonight. I'm predicting that he'll be even better tomorrow!!! I haven't seen him this sick since he had pneumonia when he was 1. I'm glad we're over the bad part. Thanks everyone for you well wishes!!!

8 comments:

Zitting Zoo said...

i am glad he's doing better- I know how had it is when he's not well-you know I love you and tell him to feel better because Jaxson is all ready for some Pokemon time

Nettie said...

I am glad that the doctor was nice at least! I HATE doctors with a passion. I have never had a good experience with them. I swear. Thank goodness he is getting better. You aren't going to know what to do with yourself when you start getting a good night sleep again.

Heidi said...

I'm glad that he is doing a little better. Brielle just got over streap and it was not fun. Good luck I hope things get better.

Shad and Laura said...

That is horrible! I'm glad he's doing better. Don't you love how we are the ones going back over and over again to pay the dang doctor so she/he can drive the expensive foreign car- just something that bugs me when I think about it.

Megan said...

I know that it has to be really scary for you for any of your kids to get sick, but especially Tyler... I am glad he is doing better... If I were you I would call the insta care and complain about the assistant. She shouldn't treat you that way no matter what... Thank goodness for the Priesthood!!!

Aleisha said...

I'm so glad he is doing better!! P.S. Nice song!!!

The Childs said...

Sick kids is the hardest on the mom. On one hand you feel so bad for them that you would rather be sick than have them go through it. But on the other hand, you suffer from lack of sleep, patience, and hands to get things done. Way to be a tough mom and go through 3x that in one week!

Erin said...

Man - you've really had some sick kids lately! Hope everyone at your house is feeling back to normal (whatever normal is right!? :)