The Clyde Family

The Clyde Family

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Guess where we're going????????


That's right!!! General Conference!!! Now, to some of you, that might not be so exciting, but Randy and I have never been to conference. Every year for the spring conference, Randy's mission (the Scotland Edinburgh mission) has a reunion and we always get the notice the week before conference and by then it's too late!!! So, last year I made it a point to remember for the next spring to make more of an effort to go (he's never been to a reunion). Since Randy's been put into the Bishopric in September, I think I've handled him being away from the family kinda ok, but lately I have really struggled. I've been wanting to go somewhere just the 2 of us. When I remembered the conference idea, I got really excited. Maddison is 9, so we could take her, but I'm selfish enough and my in-laws and parents love us enough, that this trip is going to be just Randy and I!!!! I can't wait!!! The kids will stay with the grandparents down here and WE'RE OUTTA HERE!!! Doesn't that sound fun just to spend a weekend alone? We really like being together, so it does to us!!! Some people wouldn't really care to spend a weekend alone doing something like this, but I think it's our Heavenly Father's way of patting me on the back for whining so much!!! So, watch out SLC.... HERE WE COME!!!

15 comments:

Aleisha said...

That sounds AWESOME!!! Have fun!

Heidi said...

looks way fun. I hope you guys have a fun time.

Kristie said...

Could you take Kurt to the mission reunion so I don't have to hear him whine???

Nettie said...

Conference is a really special experience. It is has alot bigger impact in person. Take a snack though, because in order to get there on time you have to sit through "the spoken word" twice. so by the time it is over it is like 4 hours later. Have fun!

Who is G? said...

you should be fine for saturday morning, the spoken word is done on sunday I think....but I'd take a snack anyway because you usually are there for some time anyway because of traffic, etc. Did you hear back from my cuz on hotel deals? there's a lot of fun stuff to do up there, but you have to research so that you know what and where it is....not as obvious as vegas baby. I'm excited for you guys.

Anonymous said...

Way to go!!!!!!! I would love to just get away with Barry for a few days. Heck I would just like to see him!!!! Only 2 more weeks till he gets back. If all else fails you guys are always welcome to crash at our house. Love ya guys.

Iva

SteveJ said...

I wondered if you knew that Prez Randy Wilkinson just joined the Facebook oddity. He learning but enjoying the experience. We'll see if he starts a group for the Scottland Mission. --

Congrats on the Tickets.

Malea said...

I think it sounds like a blast, especially with a group of mission buddies.

Misty @Creative Itch said...

Lucky!! You guys deserve a little time away!!

Erin said...

A get away with no kids is the best...doesn't matter where you go or what you do! Congrats on working it out!

I'm Stitching as fast as I can said...

You were lucky to get tickets.
Enjoy!!

Jen said...

Have fun! I'm jealous! ;)

Megan said...

Maybe one of these times we will go to a session... It probably would be the Oct. one. This is the time of year we lost Paige... We were up in SLC at that time. The 4th is her b-day!!! Have a great time!

Michelle Campbell said...

OH man! Now that I know you guys are going to the reunion, I wish we were going!! So fun.. You'll have to let us know how it is! I don't think Clint and I have ever been to conference after we were married either. hmmm... can't remember... that's becoming more and more common! aaahhh!

Anonymous said...

That will be great for you, a fun weekend away alone! Enjoy it! We live up here if you are interested...let me know. Love to see you!

Luv ya,

Tiffany